1. The Lord reigns, let the nations tremble;
he sits enthroned between the cherubim, let the earth shake.
2. Great is the Lord in Zion; he is exalted over all the nations.
3. Let them praise your great and awesome name—he is holy.
4. The king is mighty, he loves justice—you have established equity;
in Jacob you have done what is just and right.
5. Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his footstool; he is holy.
Reflection by Darlene Wagner
Here, the Most High God presides over all the nations, not only Israel. All the nations tremble before him. Yet, all the nations praise his awesome name. This is because the reign of the True God is not tyranny. He loves justice and has established “equity” (“uprightness” in Young’s Literal Translation). God’s true kingdom thus stands in opposition to the exclusion and corruption of traditionalist Christianity. God’s true kingdom includes all peoples of all nations. As it is written in Genesis 22:17, God promised to Abraham that “all nations on earth will be blessed”. The promises in scripture are for everyone, not restricted to any particular race, not restricted to any particular creed, and not even restricted to heterosexual individuals.
In deepest adoration unto you Great Father
May each atom of my being thank you
For your everlasting words which guide existence
Standing one and same with you!
In loving kindness you offer your companionship