1. I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
2. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
4. I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
5. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
6. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles.
7. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
8. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Reflection by Darlene Wagner
These verses testify to the great and many blessings the God of Israel grants to the righteous. At the same time, the history of the Jewish people is filled with exile, poverty, and
persecution. This Psalm does not promise worldly power nor wealth to the righteous. Rather,
“Those who look to the Lord are radiant; their faces are never covered in shame.” In verse 6,
the poor man is not promised wealth, only deliverance from the troubles associated with